Steps to Become a USSF Referee
There are six steps to complete to become a USSF Referee in Idaho.
- Register for an Arbiter account.
- Pay the ISRC Clinic fee ($30 as of 2018).
- Pay the US Soccer Registration fee ($40 as of 2018).
- Register for an in-person clinic.
- Complete the online modules on the US Soccer website. These must be completed prior to the in-person clinic. Directions on how to prove completion are below.
- Successfully complete the in-person clinic.
Steps 1-4 are completed at the following link: https://idahosoccerrefs.arbitersports.com/front/105684/Registration.
- Select “New Referee 2018” from the menu;
- Read the first page entitled “Entry Clinic Welcome”, then select Next;
- Complete the remaining steps including “Personal Information”, “Background Check”, “Additional Information”, and “Payment”;
- If not automatically directed to do so, go to the “Eligibility” tab. There, under “Open”, you will now see “1 of 2 Requirements Completed” for “New Referee 2018”. When selecting that option, you will then see a link for “Register for In-Person Event”. Select that and register for the date which you intend to attend.
Step 5 is to be completed at the following link: https://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Resource-Center/Online-Training/Grade-8-Referee-Course.aspx.
- Complete the 18 modules
- Complete the Idaho Referee Workbook and bring it with you to class.
- Clinic numbers can be found on the Courses page.
- If you are asked for a USSF ID number, just leave it blank.
Step 6: THINGS TO BRING
- Your completed Idaho Referee Workbook
- Black pen to take notes and the test.
- You Must Register Through Arbiter to let the instructor know you want to sign up for the class.
- Dress in clothes that you are willing to run around in.
- However, also dress modestly. No shorty shorts, tank tops, or other sloppy apparel.
- You are welcome and encouraged to bring food and drink. There will be breaks periodically.
- Optional: Information for New Referees